domingo, 7 de junho de 2009

Of lemons and lemonade

Bring me lemons
I'll make lemonade
I'll make it thoroughly
and slowly
and carefully
I'll sip it to the last drop
I'll make it last

Give me a life of lemonades
Acid lemons of drawbacks
to be swallowed without pain
-should it ever be possible;
(otherwise...?)

Drink sweet cherry brandy
instead -
get drunk with cheer,
and wait for the next lemons
in your drink
-- they'll come, baby

Bring me lemonades,
please!
bittersweet lemonades,
and finally surrender.

4 comentários:

Sr. Despedaça Corações disse...

In the evening sun going down
When the earth streams in, in the morning
Send a cage through the post
Make your name like a ghost
Please, please, baby lemonade

Pedro Braga Soares disse...

Oi! Quanto tempo... é um belo poema.

Eu, Thiago Assis disse...

falando disso... fiz hj um simulado em q na prova de ingles havia uma historia em quadrinho enorme misturando vender limão naquelas barraquinhas e a economia mundial...
louco neh?
mas eu ri um monte na hora da prova
uhauhauhauhuhahuauhauha

Eu, Thiago Assis disse...

correção: vender limonada ^^