domingo, 28 de dezembro de 2008

A children's tale - II

Alice through the plastic glass

Alice goes, spirits low, her heart contrived
as she walks into a brand new fancy shop,
where she asks, naively: 'What should I buy -
I have no money, just wishes; I've got

to try, hear my plea! As so I've been told
by the media, on TV and the like...'
The hatter replied, in a voice tone so bold:
'No, dear Alice' - 'what you should keep in mind

is to get yourself a new credit card!
It'll thus grant all your wishes complete,
it'll rise you up to fame, so not hard
will you find the satisfaction you seek.'

'Oh, Hatter', she replied, 'How might it be so?
I don't want a card just as I cannot follow
whichever I disagree with; so low
would I feel, and so terribly hollow...'

'Sure, little thing - strive just a bit more
so that your wit will finally tell:
- nobody can ever buy in a store
that which so precious there is not to sell.'

'Then, dear Hatter, what would you recommend
in this world of buyings, cards and the kind?'
' - Just let it be, live to your own content
as in books and friends that gift you shall find.'

2 comentários:

João Medeiros disse...

show show - era assim o original?eu não me lembro direito - lembro que era mais curto

fabiana disse...

não, esse é novo - Alice strikes again...